It was the third anthropomorphic animals film created by Disney, first was Robin Hood' and the second being Chicken Little.
The film is directed by Byron Howard and Rich Moore, co-directed by Jared Bush, and starring the voices of Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman, Idris Elba, Jenny Slate, Nate Torrence, Bonnie Hunt, Don Lake, Tommy Chong, J. K. Simmons, Octavia Spencer, Alan Tudyk, and Shakira. The film details the unlikely partnership between a rabbit police officer and a red fox con artist as they uncover a conspiracy that involves the disappearance of predator inhabitants of a mammalian metropolis.
From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps becomes the first rabbit to join the police force, she quickly learns how tough it is to enforce the law. Determined to prove herself, Judy jumps at the opportunity to solve a mysterious case. Unfortunately, that means working with Nick Wilde, a wily everyman fox who makes her job even harder.
Why it Rocks
- Very solid animation and nice visuals.
- Incredible world-building.
- Very powerful and well-handed messages.
- Smart and clever adult humor.
- Awesome and very strong characters like Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde.
- It uses cute antropomorphic animals to tackle the topics of racism in USA, corruption in politics, and illegal production of drugs. This way the adults that were likely dragged into the theater by their children won't be bored by the movie because those topics can keep them engaged.
- Heartwarming and surprisingly scary scenes to fit the emotions.
- Top notch voice acting.
Zootopia was considered by many to be the best animated film of 2016, which was a really strong year for animated films. The movie managed to win both the Golden Globe and the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature for 2016.