Titanic is a 1997 American epic romance-disaster film directed, written, co-produced and co-edited by James Cameron. A fictionalized account of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, it stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet as members of different social classes who fall in love aboard the ship during its ill-fated maiden voyage.
A young woman named Rose De Witt Bukater (Kate Winslet) befriends a poor artist named Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) while on board the Titanic. Kate’s lover, Cal Hockley (Billy Zane) disapproves of her being with Jack since he’s poor while he’s rich. Later, the Titanic hits an iceberg killing a majority of people, including Jack. However, Rose, her family and Cal survive. After Jack’s death, Rose is married to Cal until he commits suicide.
Why It Rocks
- The film has a good pace.
- Emotions come at the right time. An example is when Jack dies of hypothermia (which is insanely sad).
- My Heart Will Go On is a great song.
- The main characters have beautiful chemistry, making them unforgettable.
- Memorable quotes including Jack's famous "I'm the king of the world!" statement (that being the best-known).
- The replication of the Titanic is well done, and the sinking looks so real.
- Jack is a very talented artist.
- For a long time now, there has been word Jack could've went on that plank with Rose had she just scooted over. According to MythBusters, Cameron denies Jack's survival.