The Simpsons Movie is a 2007 American animated film based on the hit television series The Simpsons.
Lovable idiot Homer Simpson finally messes up big time when his misguided attempt to dispose of a pig waste-filled silo ends up causing Springfield to be encased in a giant glass dome. With the entire town out for his blood, it's up to Homer to save his family and stop EPA agent Russ Cargill's diabolical plan to nuke Springfield off the face of the Earth.
Why It Rocks
- Incredible execution.
- The animation is astounding.
- Lots of hilarious moments and gags.
- Incredibly hilarious characters that definitely match the tone of the movie.
- The dialogue is top-notch.
- Fans of The Simpsons were finally able to see a movie adaptation after many years of waiting.
- Russ Cargill is one of the nastiest villains in the entire Simpsons franchise.
The Simpsons Movie was released on July 27, 2007 with positive reviews from critics, audiences and fans alike. The film currently holds an 88% "Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Roger Ebert commented on the film "There's something about the Simpsons that's radical and simple at the same time, subversive and good-hearted, offensive without really meaning to be. It's a nice balancing act." Fellow critic Richard Roeper stated that the film was "definitely worth your money."