The Simpsons Movie is a 2007 American film based on the hit television series The Simpsons.
The film follows Homer, whose irresponsibility gets the better of him when he pollutes the lake in Springfield after the town has cleaned it up following receipt of a warning from the town government. As the townspeople exile him and eventually his family abandons him, Homer works to redeem his folly by stopping Russ Cargill, the fictional head of the EPA, when he intends to destroy Springfield.
Why it Rocks
- Incredible execution.
- The animation is astounding.
- Lots of hilarious moments and gags.
- Incredibly hilarious characters that definitely match the tone of the movie.
- The dialogue is top-notch.
- Fans of "The Simpsons" TV series were finally able to see its movie adaption after many years of waiting.
- Tom Hanks is talented in portraying a bad guy.