A young lion Prince is cast out of his pride by his cruel uncle, who claims he killed his father. While the uncle rules with an iron fist, the prince grows up beyond the savannah, living by a philosophy: No worries for the rest of your days. But when his past comes to haunt him, the young Prince must decide his fate: will he remain an outcast, or face his demons and become what he needs to be?
Why it Rocks
- Disney animation at its purest form.
- The movie features talented voice actors.
- Catchy songs that stay true to the african culture such as "Circle of Life", "We Are One", "Be Prepared", "Dig-A-Tunnah", "One of Us", "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and "Hakuna Matata".
- The film intelligently uses pathos and never gets corny.
- Interesting and well developed characters the likes of Mufasa and the comic relievers Timon and Pumbaa. Also, Scar is a convincing villain.
- Mufasa's death is a very emotional scene.
- Simple and well executed story with pretty decent humor makes this movie enjoyable by adults and chilldren alike.