The Fast and the Furious is a 2001 action crime, racing film directed by Rob Cohen and starting Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner, Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto, Rick Yune as Johnny Tran and Johnny Strong as Leon and many others. It was released on June 22, 2001, grossing over $207 million worldwide from an estimated $38 million budget, the film received positive reviews. It spawned 8 sequels and merchandise. It also spawned 2 video games.
Why It Rocks
- The story involves a bunch of illegal street racers and crimes.
- The cast was well-chosen.
- Some catchy hip hop, rap and remixes in the soundtrack.
- Cool looking modified Japanese cars.
- Some funny qutoes like "NOOOO MONICA!!!!"
- Many, many racing and drag scenes.
- Mitshubishi Eclipse: The car that Paul Walker made so popular. The eclipse had more popularity than Paul Walker until Supra and Skyline R34 came out.
- The last scene is epic! Tuner car and Muscle car facing each other and jumping throughout a train railway and almost no crashes until Dom's Charger crashed his car by a truck.
- It spawned 2 good sequels.
- Some people find out that customized cars look like a some half baked recycled thing.
- The final scene makes no sense. WHY DO YOU NEED TO GET A 3RD CAR????? Just take Dom's home instead.