Logan is a 2017 American superhero movie directed by James Mangold inspired by 2010's Old Man Logan and starring Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart as Wolverine and Charles Xavier in their final roles as these characters, it also stars newcomer Dafne Keen as Laura Kinney / X-23,
Stephen Merchant as Caliban, Richard Grant and Boyd Holbrook (who previously worked as the protagonist in the Netflix series Narcos) as the film's villains Zander Rice and Donald Pierce respectively, Eriq La Salle, Elise Neal, and Elizabeth Rodriguez in additional roles. The film was released on March 3, 2017 and received critical acclaim from critics and audiences considered by many to be the best X-Men movie and one of the greatest superhero movies of all time many favorably comparing to The Dark Knight.
Why It Rocks
- It opts to be completely different from most other superhero movies and absolutely works feeling completely refreshing and new.
- Wolverine is finally shown in his berserker glory.
- X-23 is introduced and she is a badass character helped by Dafne Keen's quiet and calm yet fierce performance.
- The film is a watershed moment in the superhero genre.
- Despite the film's content it isn't completely about bloodshed and swearing, the film actually has positive messages about family and life such as the dinner scene, it also has Christian elements included (such as Logan's funeral which has the Cross turn into an X, Eden's name, and the Munson Family).
- Has a pretty meta moment where Logan looks at a fictional X-Men comic that has him, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Colossus, and Professor X and says it's "Ice cream for bedwetters".
- The most emotional and sad superhero movie ever.
- A grand farewell to one of superhero cinema's greatest characters: Wolverine and Charles Xavier.
- Donald Pierce is a fun addition to the movie.