Frozen is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 53rd Disney animated feature film. Inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Snow Queen", the film tells the story of a fearless princess who sets off on a journey alongside a rugged iceman, his loyal pet reindeer, and a naïve snowman to find her estranged sister, whose icy powers have inadvertently trapped the kingdom in eternal winter.
Anna, a fearless optimist, sets off on an epic journey - teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven - to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom. From the outside Anna's sister, Elsa looks poised, regal and reserved, but in reality, she lives in fear as she wrestles with a mighty secret-she was born with the power to create ice and snow. It's a beautiful ability, but also extremely dangerous. Haunted by the moment her magic nearly killed her younger sister Anna, Elsa has isolated herself, spending every waking minute trying to suppress her growing powers. Her mounting emotions trigger the magic, accidentally setting off an eternal winter that she can't stop. She fears she's becoming a monster and that no one, not even her sister, can help her.
Why It Rocks
- Excellent music numbers including Let It Go, Do You Want to Build a Snowman and For the First Time in Forever.
- Beautifully done animation for the snow and special effects.
- Likable and entertaining characters like Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and even the comic relief Olaf.
- Anna's sacrifice is one of the film's most touching and emotional moments.
- Funny moments like when Sven eats Olaf's nose, but puts it back on his face as he was just kidding.
- A Disney princess with cryokinesis (ice powers) is pretty creative and original.
- It delivers plenty of powerful messages like the importance of self control and never shutting your loved ones out.